2. Personally Identifiable Information (PII). As a general rule, we do not collect PII about you when you visit the Website unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting PII, including electronic payment information through the Website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving us your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. However, not providing certain information may result in our inability to provide you with the service you desire. If you choose to provide us with PII on the Website, through such methods as completing a web form or sending us an email or entering electronic payment information, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting the Website. Generally, the information requested by us will be used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service you request. When this information is requested, the reasons for collecting it, a description of our intended use of the information, how to grant consent to use mandatorily provided information, and how to grant consent for other than statutorily mandated uses can be made available to you on request. We request that you protect the confidentiality of any User ID and password you use to access any of your services online and/or the Website. You are responsible for all activity on the Website accessed by your User ID and password. Access by The Storage Center On Sullivan Trail’s employees or consultants to any personal information you provide is limited to only information necessary to provide the business service offered and to allow employees or consultants to perform their duties for The Storage Center On Sullivan Trail. To provide you with services offered on the Website, or to complete transactions or requests you initiate on the Website, we may transfer you to outside services provided by third-party operators. In certain instances, the third-party content may be “framed” in such a way that it appears that you are still on The Storage Center On Sullivan Trail’s Website. In such cases, we will have agreements with those third parties whose websites you may be transferred to, under which the third parties agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and to use it only to help us serve you.
3. Information Collected Upon Registration. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Website, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to us. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for our services, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your full name, username, password, email address, address, time zone, telephone number, electronic payment information, and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your public profile.
4. Use of Contact Information. In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
5. Log Data. When you visit the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website as Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the websites you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Website and of our service, and for the Website’s technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of our Terms and Conditions.
7. Other Technologies. Other technologies used include clear GIFs. Clear GIFs, also known as web bugs, beacons or tags, are small graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an e-mail message. Clear GIFs are invisible to the user because they are typically very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page, document or e-mail message. We do not use clear GIFs to collect personal information about you. However, we may use clear GIFs to capture statistical usage information for our web pages, features or other elements on a web page. We may correlate this information to a user to personalize user experience and for statistical analysis of user experiences on our web pages.
8. Sharing Your Information with Third Parties. Other than as set forth herein, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your written consent (which consent may be obtained electronically, such as by e-mail), unless we reasonably believe the disclosure is essential to the conduct of our business or to provide services to you, including but not limited to where such disclosure is required by law, or if we believe such action is necessary in order to: (1) conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served upon us; (2) protect or defend our legal rights or property, the Website, or our users; (3) investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of the Terms & Conditions for using the Website; or (4) resolve customer disputes or inquiries. We engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments and delivering packages. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We do not provide your personal information to third parties for telemarketing, e-mail or direct mail solicitation. When we contract with other companies to market or advertise products for The Storage Center On Sullivan Trail, we require that those companies also protect your personal information.
9. Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of The Storage Center On Sullivan Trail or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
10. Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your personally identifiable information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
11. Variation of Policy. The Storage Center On Sullivan Trail is permitted to revise this Policy at any time as it sees fit, and by using the Website you are expected to review such Policy on a regular basis to ensure you understand our efforts to ensure and protect your personal information that we may be privy to through your use of the Website.
12. Terms & Conditions. This Policy also incorporates our Terms & Conditions.